As a new member of the renowned Chase bank, you are given a new Chase credit card. The Chase card is what you will use for all your shopping and online purchases. But before you can use that card, you must first activate the card and verify it. That is where the chase.com/verifycard comes in.
Since you are not yet familiar with how to activate your new Chase card, we assume that you are new to this. And that is what this article is all about. We will properly guide you on activating your card so you can use it as soon as possible. You are probably too excited by now.
Activate Chase Card Through Phone
There are a couple of ways in which you can activate your Chase card. One is through a phone call, and one is through online access via the chase.com/verifycard URL. If you have access to a mobile phone with call credits or landline, you can easily activate your new card. To do this, all you have to do is dial 1-888-489-7249.
(Click here if you want to increase your Chase credit limit)
Or in some cases, there is a designated unique activation phone number to your Chase credit card. Here’s how the phone call should go down. This is not necessarily the exact chronological order as Chase customer service operators do all the verification.
- Call the Chase activation hotline.
- An operator should answer you. It will ask some vital information for your account’s security purposes.
- You will need to provide most of the information you provided when you applied for the Chase card. Try not to deviate from that information especially the contact numbers and address.
- You will also be required to provide your Social Security Number. Typically, it would just be the last four digits, but it is best that you prepare the entire set.
- Another requirement will be your mother’s maiden name or some information that are too private for you like where you grew up or your second-grade school.
- If you happen to be using a different number than what you used to register the card with, you will be asked for more security questions. Don’t worry. Those questions are still about you so you will be able to answer all of them with ease.
- Along the conversation, the operator will ask about some sign-up bonuses that are included with the card, just confirm to them if you want those or not.
- Now, sign your Chase card with your signature. The card should be activated right away or for the next 24-48 hours. This will depend on the status and if all requirements are already met or completed.
Activate Through chase.com/verifycard
If you have no access to a phone with call credits, then you can still activate your Chase card through online access. The chase.com/verifycard URL is what you can use to activate your card as soon as possible. This is how you can do it.
- You can do this using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop with internet access. Open a web browser and type chase.com/verifycard on the address bar.
- Hit Enter key and the Chase verification page will appear before you.
- Type in your username and password on the login page.
- If you have not created an account on the Chase website choose Sign Up Now instead.
- Fill up the necessary information about yourself and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now, if you are done with the sign-up or signing in, go to My Account tab and find your credit card number.
- Confirm the credit card number and hit Activate.
- After a few seconds, it will prompt you of your Chase credit card status. If it is complete, your card should be activated immediately.
Perks and Bonuses
Typically, your Chase credit card has some perks and bonuses, especially for new sign-ups. To activate those bonuses, just find them on your account’s tab or just click on the Use Points tab. Follow the required tasks, and you should be able to use them along with your card.
For other bonuses regarding your Chase account, you may inquire and ask their customer care hotline. They can provide you with all the things that you need to know about your Chase credit card.
When everything goes as planned or the way you want, you should be able to immediately use the Chase card as much as you want. Also, do not forget to sign your card at the back. It will serve as another backup security gauge in case someone stole your card or something.
In cases of stolen or lost card, do not hesitate to report the incident immediately to authorities or Chase customer service. This will prevent other people who found or stole your card from using all your credits.
Do you have questions that were not answered in this article? Feel free to ask in the comment section, and we will answer them as soon as we receive them. You may use this article as well if you have friends and families who need to learn how to activate their Chase card.