Last year was the end of PayPal My Cash card. And so a lot of people that use it to reload their PayPal account directly were in a rage. Little did they know that PayPal just switched to an easier way to reload their funds. It is now called the PayPal Cash.
The PayPal cash is another way to put money into your PayPal account. We all know that the standard way to do this is through a credit card or bank account. And for the past year, the PayPal My Cash card was intended to make reloading PayPal much easier with the cash you have on hand.
PayPal discontinued the My Cash card to make way for the much easier method to put cash on their user’s account. This is through PayPal Cash. This involves selected retailers like 7-Eleven, Rite Aid Pharmacy, and CVS Pharmacy.
How to Use PayPal Cash
The PayPal Cash makes reloading the PayPal account much easier because you will not have to purchase a card to make this work. Plus, it is just as easy as 1-2-3.
- Open the PayPal app on your mobile device or use a web browser using a laptop or PC.
- Log in using your PayPal information.
- Select “Add Money,” and PayPal CASH® Add money at a Store on the menu.
- Select your preferred retailer.
- A custom barcode will then appear on your screen.
- If you are using the mobile app, you will only need to present the barcode using your mobile phone.
- If you are using a web browser, print the barcode on a piece of paper.
- Now bring the barcode to the register with your money that you want to deposit to your PayPal account.
- That’s it. In a few moments, the newly added funds will appear on your PayPal account.
- A $3.95 service fee applies
- The mobile barcode is only good for one hour from the time of its creation.
- The web browser barcode is good for 48 hours from the time of its creation.
- When using the mobile app, create the barcode when you reach the retailer location. You only have one hour so it would be best if you are near the counter when it is available.
- You can only add from $20 to $500 in one barcode.
- Only three barcodes are allowed per day.
- You are limited to $4,000 a month using the barcode method.
- This service is only available in selected countries. If your mobile app or browser does not show the “Add Money” button, that means your account is not eligible to use this feature.
The PayPal cash is useful for those instances that you want to buy something online, but you do not have enough funds on your credit card or bank account. This will make adding money a lot easier and convenient.
While using the PayPal Cash, make sure to monitor all the limitations set by PayPal. Otherwise, you could end up having your account on hold. And this might cause inconvenience on your part.
Feel free to ask questions if you have one. We will try to respond to them as soon as we can.