If you just received your PayPal card, then you are probably wondering if the card is already activated for use. The answer is no, not yet. But do not worry. You will be able to activate that card in just a few minutes. That is if you follow the instructions properly.
Activating the PayPal card is easy and does not really have to be complicated. But just to be sure, you would not want to mess up doing this simple task. So we will guide you in the most straightforward way on how to quickly, and without a fuss, activate your card within the day.
If you do not have a card but want one, you may get one from the PayPal official website or click this link. Just fill up some personal information requirement, and you will be prompted when your card is available.
How to Activate PayPal Card
Like we have mentioned earlier, activating your PayPal card is easy. All you have to do is get a laptop or any of your mobile devices that can connect to the internet. Then access your PayPal account without the need to talk to a customer service representative. This is how it will go down.
- Open a web browser. Any web browser will do such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar type in the PayPal official website.
- On the PayPal’s main webpage, click on the Login button in the top right corner of the page.
- When the new page loads, it will require you to enter your PayPal email address. Yes, the one you used to apply for the PayPal card. If you have other PayPal accounts on different emails, do not use those. Just specifically the one you registered the card with.
- After the email, type in the password and press the Enter key.
- You will be redirected to your PayPal account. On your Profile Summary go to Financial Information.
- Find the My Money and see if there is a button that relates to card verification or activation. If it is not there, click Update.
- You should see the Activate Now button. Click on it, and it will load.
- As soon as it reloads back, you should see the “Your card is successfully activated”.
- If you don’t find the activation link from Profile Summary, go to Profile next to the Log Out button in the top right corner of the page.
- Click My Money then click Update.
- You should see the card that you registered. Click on it until you see the Activate Now button.
- Enter the required card information and click Continue.
- Click the Activate Debit Card button, and it will reload.
- You should see the Activated notification by now.
- On your web browser, click on this link.
- Fill up the Card Number and Security Code.
- Now click on the Continue button under it.
- You should see a page that indicates that your card is ready for activation. Now confirm the activation by clicking on the Activate Now button.
- After the page reloads, the card will be verified now and will be ready to use.
- If you do not have access to a laptop or a proper internet connection, you may call PayPal instead.
- On your phone, dial 1-800-314-8298.
- Paypal customer service or an automated answer machine will pick up your call. Follow all the required steps that it asks you.
- The operator should be asking about your card number, expiration date, 3-digit CVC code, and the security number along with your other personal related information.
- When you are done with the call, and if you have provided all the necessary info you should now be able to use your PayPal card for all your financial transactions.
PayPal Card Features
- Get Direct Deposit. This means that you can use your PayPal card as payroll or much like a bank account with no extra charges. Government funds like benefits should put deposits on your PayPal card with ease.
- Cash Loads quick and easy. This will top up your PayPal account by using retails authorized outlet in order to convert your cash into PayPal credits. Use the PayPal app to generate a barcode with your cash and present it to authorized outlets such as 7-Eleven. In just seconds, you will see your new and added PayPal credit visible to the app.
- Cash a Check means you can have the check funds transferred to your PayPal account in seconds. That is of course that the check has funds, to begin with. Only approved checks are viable for this feature.
- Bank Transfer features the ability for you to transfer funds from your bank account straight to your PayPal account.
- PayPal card does not directly get its funds from your PayPal account. It has to be approved by you first using the app. So it will be more convenient if you have internet data available while on-the-go.
- Applying for a PayPal card is free. Just make sure that you have an existing PayPal account that is verified and confirmed using your bank account or credit card.
As you can see, there are four ways to activate your PayPal card. Any of those methods should work for you. If the activation link does not appear on your PayPal online account, then the card has just probably arrived earlier. What you can do then is to wait a couple more days for the link to appear on your profile account.
If you are impatient, you may call the PayPal customer service, and they will surely assist you on what to do. It is a great thing that PayPal has these features to make online finances more manageable. Sadly, we must admit that the platform is far from perfect as there are still some issues with many users around the world. Hopefully, the PayPal community will be able to help out with the improvement of the platform.
In your experience, do you think PayPal card is better than the ordinary credit card? Which is safer in comparison? Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below, and we will study them carefully.
If you have other queries that you want some answers for, feel free to ask it in the comment section as well. We will try to answer them all when we can.