Does Amazon take PayPal as payment? Sadly, that is a big “NO.” But here’s a kicker. You can still spend PayPal cash and use it indirectly on Amazon.
If you have some money to spend from PayPal courtesy of your little online business and you want to buy something on Amazon e-store, you will be disappointed. Amazon does not take PayPal as a form of payment. One of the reasons is because Amazon considers PayPal as direct competition in some form.
Now, you can always find another seller or e-store online. There’s eBay, Gearbest, Best Buy, Ali Express, Flipkart, and many more. You might find the exact or similar item from those outlets.
But let’s just say that the item you want is only available on Amazon, is there a workaround for that? Is there a way to use PayPal funds on Amazon? Yes, there is a way.
How to use PayPal Funds on Amazon
We will tell of the easiest way to use PayPal funds on Amazon. If you must know, this is safe and legitimate, so you can proceed without having to worry or anything. All you have to do is follow the guide, and you should be done in no time.
Buying Amazon Gift Cards
This will only make you wonder if you think that Amazon Gift cards are only available inside the Amazon store. Amazon Gift cards are available in third-party e-stores as well. Although there are a lot of scams out there, we will only give you the one that we tried and tested ourselves.
- Open your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and go to MyGiftCardSupply official website.
- Once there, you can choose to sign up or not. Either way, you are still allowed to purchase any gift card from their list.
- In this case, since we will get an Amazon gift card, you can search for it or scroll a little bit, and you should see the Amazon gift card logo.
- Click on it, and you will see the available Amazon gift cards with their denominations.
- Just choose your preferred amount and click on Checkout.
- On the final page, you will be asked which mode of payment you want to use.
- Choose PayPal and log in your PayPal account.
- Review the information you entered, and that’s it.
You can use the same method in other e-stores that sell Amazon gift cards and accepts PayPal as the mode of payment.
How to Use Amazon Gift Cards
If you are unfamiliar with Amazon gift cards, there are two ways to use it. One is through your Amazon account gift card balance, and the other is through checkout.
Through Amazon Account
- The first thing to do is go to Amazon official page.
- Log in your Amazon account.
- On the Account tab, click “Your Account.”
- Go to the Gift cards button and click on it.
- Click on the “Redeem a Gift Card” button.
- Enter the code of the gift card that you purchased.
- If you do not want to log in and add the Amazon gift card value to your existing account, you may still do so and proceed to checkout.
- Go to the item that you want to purchase.
- Click on it to see the overview of the product.
- Hit the “Add to Cart” button.
- On the next page, click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- You will be prompted to sign in. Just enter the required detail to sign in or use the “get a sign in code in your email” button.
- Once you sign in, click on the “Deliver to this Address” button if it is, in fact, your delivery address.
- On the next page, choose your delivery option then click the “Continue” button.
- Now, this is the part where you get to choose your payment method. Click on the “Enter a gift card or promotional code” button.
- Click “Apply,” and that’s it.
Using Credit Card
There is always a way to use PayPal funds on Amazon. You should recall that PayPal uses a credit card and bank accounts for verification. That too might be usable on Amazon. Just transfer the funds from PayPal to your credit card, and you should make it work a lot easier.
If you get the picture, then this should also light a bulb on top of your head. Here is a list of other Amazon accepted methods:
- Visa Electron
- American Express
- UK-based Maestro and Solo cards
- US-Based Checking accounts
As you can see, that’s two ways to use your PayPal funds on Amazon. Although the gift card method will cost you a bit higher, it is doable. If you know another e-store that sells cheaper Amazon gift cards, we encourage you to tell us in the comment section. It could help out other PayPal users out there.
Do you know another way to use PayPal funds on Amazon? If you do, be an angel and tell us in the comment section. We would love to know more so we can help out our fellow PayPal users.
For questions and suggestions, you may ask or leave a message down below. We will try to help out as much as we can. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones. This could save them a lot of trouble.